Visit Kizhi Island in winter
- Observe Kizhi churches in winter colours
- Travel across Onego Lake and make a stop “in the middle of nowhere”
- Ride a hovercraft, a special vehicle designed to move on ice
- Guided tour of the museum is included
~10:00 - Boarding a hovercraft at the waterfront of Onego Lake in Petrozavodsk. Departure for Kizhi (travel time is from one to two hours, depending on weather conditions).
Walking tour of the open-air Kizhi Museum - observe the historical churches, chapels and traditional wooden houses.
Departure back for Petrozavodsk.
~14:00 - 15:00 - Estimated arrival time in Petrozavodsk.
The island of Kizhi in Lake Onego is famous for the biggest world ensemble of wooden architecture - Kizhi Museum. It is enlisted in UNESCO's World Heritage List.
The trip is usually available from January till late March. It depends on ice conditions. In case the lake is not frozen hovercrafts can not be operated.
Request a Quote.
1. Hovercraft transfer Petrozavodsk - Kizhi - Petrozavodsk.
2. Entrance fee.
3. Tour of the Kizhi Museum with local English-speaking guide.