3 days / 2 nights
Winter activity holiday in Karelia
- 2 or 3 days of dog sledding
- Ice fishing
- Optional snowmobiling
- Optional trip to Kizhi
Arrival in Petrozavodsk by the morning train from St. Petersburg or Moscow.
Meet by local English-speaking guide.
Transfer to the guesthouse located by the lake shore in 100 km from Petrozavodsk.
Accommodation and breakfast.
Meet with the dogs, learn how to harness a sled and manage a dog team.
Dog sledding tour on the lake or in the forest. Distance about 30 km.
Picnic lunch in the forest, including traditional local meals.
In the afternoon we will arrange ice-fishing on the frozen lake. It is a very popular way of fishing in the northern regions.
Overnight at the hotel.
Dog sledding tour in the forest. Distance about 45 km.
Return to the guesthouse.
Feeding your dog team.
Optional tour by a snowmobile.
Dinner and overnight.
Dog sledding tour in the forest. Distance about 25 km.
Departure from the guesthouse.
Optional tours are possible:
Transfer to the train station or hotel in Petrozavodsk.
This trip is usually possible daily from late December till early April. The duration varies from one day to three days.
Request a Quote.
1. Accommodation at the guesthouse, rooms with shared or private WC and shower (depending on availability. Price is the same);
2. Transfers as per itinerary;
3. Meals as per itinerary (B - breakfast, L - lunch, D - dinner);
4. Tours and activities as per the itinerary;
5. English-speaking guide’s services.
Two persons go on one sled; they can change during the trip. A private sled for one person can be provided on request.