2 days / 1 night
Fun outdoor winter activities
- Dog sledding
- Reindeer sledding
- Ice fishing
~07:00 (09:00) - Arrival in Petrozavodsk by train from St. Petersburg (Moscow).
Transfer and adventure tours with a local guide:
- Snowmobile safari.
- Ice-fishing (or cross-country skiing).
- Visit husky and reindeer farms at the "Talvi Ukko" Estate.
- Dog-sledding and reindeer-sledding.
Return to Petrozavodsk and overnight at hotel (or stay in the historical guesthouse in Kinerma village).
Proceed to the pier.
10:00 - Transfer by a hovercraft to the island of Kizhi (travel time 1-2 two hours, depending on weather conditions).
Walking tour of Kizhi open-air museum - observe the historical churches, chapels and traditional wooden houses.
Tea with pies.
~15:00 - Return to Petrozavodsk.
Transfer to the train station.
2. Transfers as per itinerary;
3. Meals as per itinerary (B - breakfast, L - lunch, D - dinner);
4. Tours and activities as per the itinerary;
5. Services of English-speaking guide or driver-guide.
I had a very nice time in Karelia, spending two very pleasant nights in the little village of Kinerma. The guesthouse is very cosy and Nadezhda, the owner, and her family are very kind and able to create an authentic karelian atmosphere. My compliments go as well to the organization of the tour, very professional and reliable.