Tipo de descanso :
Authentic and unique insight into the local culture
- Visit historical village Kinerma, founded in the 16th century
- Meet Karely family and learn about life of local people
- Lunch or dinner with traditional dishes served in a wooden house
- Optional sauna “in-black” or master class on cooking Karelian ‘kalitky’ pies
~10:00 - Pick-up at the hotel in Petrozavodsk by local English-speaking guide.
Drive to the village of Man'ga (60 km). Photo stop in this picturesque Karelian village.
Continue to the village of Kinerma. In Kinerma, visit the Chapel of our Lady of Smolensk (18th Century), meet local people and learn about their life.
Lunch is served in a traditional wooden house.
After lunch depart back for Petrozavodsk (100 km).
~15:00 - Return to Petrozavodsk.
- master class on baking Karelian "kalitky" pies;
- visit traditional Russian sauna "in-black (banya po-chernomy).
There are several villages in Karelia which represent the culture and history of the local population. In some villages one can observe the examples of wooden architecture such as small churches and chapels as well as traditional houses.
1. Private transfer Petrozavodsk - villages - Petrozavodsk.
2. English-speaking guide's service.
3. Lunch (or dinner).
Regarding the sites, the highlights for us were the visit to Kinerma (we have been involved in raising money to restore a traditional barn in our own small village (only 12 houses) so we could empathise with their efforts and problems), and of course the Solovetsky Islands.
My visit in Kinerma touched me very much. It is a delightful village and it was fantastic to meet people and to hear about the history of the place and what is going on. The food was fantastic, and I would like to go back there. Only one thing: I bought some postcards, but only three, what I really regret, because they are so nice. I should have bought more, so I need to go back :-) My guide was nice and really good in translate and telling my information. I was very satisfied.